Due to concerns over frequently shifting municipality borders, the municipality of Brummen commissioned a building for a service life of 20 years. The answer to this proposal was a design made for disassembly and consistent use of reusable and renewable, high quality construction materials. The building’s foundation is a historic structure dating back to 1890. The qualities of the historic building kept intact, restored where necessary and connected to a new addition with a glass roof. Approximately 90 per cent of the materials in the newly added space can be dismantled and reused at the end of its service life. After this period, only the original 1890 building will remain on the site. The building also received the first materials passport turning it into a raw materials depot in which the details of every piece are known, including the destination in a second life for some elements.