Looking into most bathrooms and showers returns the image of endless colorful plastic bottles, some of which lie forgotten there since the beginning of time.
Self care is one easy place to start to reduce plastic use!
- bar soap doesn't need a container, you can buy it as it is and carry it with you in a reusable container. Among others Marseille soap is amazing on the skin and perfect for washing clothes as well. It also comes in also sorts of flavors, costs a few euros and lasts for a long time.
- keep it going and use solid shampoo and conditioner! They require a few attempts to get it right but then you'll be hooked. I find I need to wash my hair less often. They're also great for traveling, no restriction on bar soaps!
- even toothpaste can be solid! There are toothpaste tablets that come in glass jars that dissolve in water! I haven't tried it yet but they look very promising. (Or you can make your own toothpaste).
- if shampoo bars are not for you, try shampoo drops, made from organic material that dissolves in water. (For instance http://www.nohbodrops.com/order/)
- try a bamboo toothbrush, when you're done using them they can be composted!
- buy spray deodorant in a glass container.
- choose lotions in glass jars.