In Hungary there is bio-waste bin just for the organic waste. The bins are transported once a week and a waste collection calendar is available to track otherwise. After Christmas in January and February there are additional organic waste collection days specifically for christmas trees.
The following waste can be placed in the bio-waste bin:
- fruit residue, fruit peel,
- vegetable residue, vegetable peel,
- cut grass, flower,
- weed, wildflower, perennial, dehydrated plant,
- branch, wood and bush,
- moss, used soil,
- coffee grain and tea (with filter paper),
- other kitchen waste: pastry, eggshell, etc.